CommandView III cab
The Premium CommandView III cab offers unsurpassed visibility, operator comfort, control placement, and ride and sound quality.
- ComfortCommand™ seat with air suspension and lumbar support, swivel, fore-aft and lateral attenuation, backrest angle adjustment, adjustable left-hand armrest, and 40-degree right-hand seat swivel
- Four-corner cab suspension
- Behind-the-seat storage and left-hand storage compartment
- Folding instructional seat
- Beverage holders sized to accommodate various containers
- Interior left-hand dome light
- Tilt/telescoping steering wheel with position memory
- Adjustable right-hand CommandARM™ armrest controls with integrated CommandCenter™ display
- Monitor mounts on right-hand front post and rear cab post
- Digital cornerpost display with:
- Fuel level gauge, including low fuel warning
- Temperature gauge
- Diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) gauge, including low DEF warning
- Engine rpm
- Transmission commanded gear or speed
- Vehicle system functions, such as iTEC™ system, that are operating
- Swing-out rear window that opens 30 degrees
- Front, rear, and right-hand windshield wiper and washer
- Two-speed and intermittent front and rear wiper
- Front, rear, and right-hand side sunshades
- Right and left outside wide-angle mirrors (electrically adjustable and heated)
- Inside-mounted rearview mirror
- Roof-mounted license plate bracket with light
- Window break
- Pin for tow point
- Passive noise reduction system
- Laminated glass
- Service ADVISOR™ data port
- Power strip with convenience plug adapter
- Two 12-V convenience outlets (cigarette lighter style)
- One 12-V 3-pin outlet with adapter (provides switched and unswitched power)
- One International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9-pin connector
- Standard radio package, including AM/FM stereo and weatherband with remote controls, auxiliary input jack, four speakers, and an external antenna
Four-corner cab suspension
8RT Series Tractors feature the Premium CommandView III cab with cab suspension in base. Producers will enjoy all the features they have come to expect in the Premium CommandView III cab plus the addition of improved ride quality in the field and on the road with the cab suspension. The cab suspension, combined with the proven AirCushion™ suspension system, will give John Deere operators the most comfortable operating experience available in a two-track tractor.
Four-corner cab suspension system
Cab suspension components
Cab suspension components
Cab suspension components
Steering sensitivity adjustment screen
Steering pump and loop override circuit
Steering circuit change and steering sensitivity adjustment
8RT Series Tractors include an improved steering pump, changes to the loop-override circuit, and in-cab steering sensitivity adjustment.
The improved steering pump and changes to the loop-override circuit increase steering response and steering authority on 8RT Series Tractors. Operators will notice this change when working in heavy draft, soft field conditions, and obstacle avoidance. The steering pump and loop-override circuit give the 8RT the ability to turn under load like no other two-track tractor in the industry.
8RT steering sensitivity adjusted in the 4600 CommandCenter Display
This feature allows operators to fine tune the steering system based on the application or environment.
Steering sensitivity adjustment does not only help when steering the tractor manually. Operators using guidance systems will also experience improved response with the ability to input tractor tread settings in the 4600 CommandCenter Display. From there, the tractor will control the steering pump to ensure steering is consistent no matter which tread setting the operator is utilizing.
Pull-down front, rear, and right-hand sunshade
These variable-length sunshades provide excellent adjustability to keep direct sun off of the operator. Perforations in sunshade material provide visibility through the sunshade as well. The sunshades are also recessed into the headliner for storage when not in use.
Right- and left-outside mirrors, electrically adjustable
Right-hand mirror shown on 8RT Series Tractor
Right and left outside wide-angle mirrors are electrically adjustable with simple in-cab adjustments to view variable-width implements, wagons, or carts. The in-cab controls are located directly above the radio.
Leather comfort option
The leather seat option is available on 8RT Series Tractors. The kit includes leather operator seat, leather instructional seat, leather-wrapped steering wheel, rear window decal, and carpet floormat.
NOTE: The leather comfort package is not available with Scraper Special Tractors.
Leather-wrapped steering wheel
Rear window decal
The design of the CommandARM controls allows for up to 40 degrees of right-hand seat swivel.
John Deere 8RT Series Tractors equipped with the e23 transmission with Efficiency Manager feature or AutoPowr™ IVT transmission feature either a left-hand or right-hand reverser.
The transmission control lever is placed on the CommandARM control’s left side closest to the operator for convenient setting and adjustment.
Left-hand IVT and PowerShift™ transmission reverser
Right-hand IVT and PowerShift transmission reverser
The throttle design incorporates buttons which control FieldCruise speed, foot pedal mode (if equipped), and transmission eco settings.
The ComfortCommand seat with air suspension improves ride quality and helps to reduce operator fatigue. The ComfortCommand seat with air suspension is offered with cab suspension. The ActiveSeat™ is available on fixed cab tractors.
- Armrests, lumbar support, and backrest angle are easily adjusted to match operator preference
- Shock absorbers dampen the motion effect of the tractor for an improved ride
- Seat height adjustments are conveniently located on the left armrest
- Fore-aft adjustment is easy to reach located on the left front of the seat
- Swivel adjustment, located on the front of the seat, allows the seat to be swiveled 40 degrees to the right or eight degrees to the left of the center position
- Operator presence switch warns if the operator is out of the seat while operating key functions
- Seat belt retractor
- Centered cab seat, providing excellent over-shoulder visibility
- Adjustable shock absorber permitting ride adjustment from soft to firm to match the operator's desired comfort level
- Removable cushions for easy cleaning
John Deere 8RT Series Tractors feature the CommandARM with integrated Generation 4 CommandCenter display. The control layout of the CommandARM utilizes a clean and efficient design which groups controls by function and builds upon John Deere’s history of intuitive and ergonomic control placement and operation. The CommandARM control’s design allows for a 40 degree right seat swivel and adjustable positioning matching the operator’s preference.
Controls located on the CommandARM include:
- Engine throttle
- FieldCruise™ system
- Minimum engine speed – e23™ transmission with Efficiency Manager™ feature, Infinitely Variable Transmission (IVT™)
- Eco mode
- Foot pedal lock (if equipped)
- Transmission control
- Hitch/selective control valve (SCV) controls
- Rotary encoder hitch control
- Power take-off (PTO) controls
- iTEC sequence switches
- AutoTrac™ assisted steering system resume switch (if equipped)
- Joystick (if equipped)
- Beacon light on/off
- Hazard lights on/off
- Field lights 1/2
- Heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC) system
Hydraulic and hitch controls
Hydraulic and hitch controls utilize fingertip paddle pots for raise/lower and extend/retract functions. An optional crossgate joystick replaces fingertip paddle pots for control of SCVs and allows for programmable hydraulic functionality according to operator preference. Rear hitch position can also be controlled with the encoder wheel located on the right side of the CommandARM. The encoder wheel allows for finite positioning of the rear 3-point hitch.
Three buttons near the encoder are for hitch set, lock, and return to height. Adjustment for the 3-point hitch is done via the CommandCenter display.
Fingertip paddle pots
Optional crossgate joystick
Tractor function controls
Located just to the right of the throttle is the AutoTrac activation button and four sequence controls for iTEC functions.
AutoTrac resume and iTEC strip
Controls for radio, lights, rotary beacon (if equipped), hazard flashers, and HVAC system are located to the center-right on the CommandARM, along with PTO for both front (if equipped) and rear.
Radio, HVAC, hazard flashers, and PTO controls
Generation 4 CommandCenter display
The Generation 4 CommandCenter displays feature fast adjustment of tractor functions and controls and are integrated into the CommandARM to create a seamless control center. The 4600 CommandCenter features a 26.4-cm (10.4-in.) touchscreen display and is standard equipment on 8RT models.
The following functions can be adjusted using the CommandCenter display:
- Hydraulic settings
- Hitch settings
- Transmission settings
- iTEC programming functions